Serenity Circle (ABN: 67 086 950 343) is committed to protecting and maintaining your privacy and we are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
What personal information do we collect?
In order for us to supply services and benefits to you, we need to collect certain personal information about you. This personal information may include your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, email address and other contact details, bank account, credit card details, credit history and other financial details, occupation and details of your use of our products, services or benefits (which may include details of telephone calls you have made and received and of other types of communication you use).
Where lawful and practical, you have the right to remain anonymous or to make use of a pseudonym, however if you choose to remain anonymous or to use a pseudonym, we and our third party contractors and merchants may not be able to provide you with access to some or all of our products or services (including information products and services).
How we collect personal information
We may collect personal information in a range of ways, including:
- when you provide it directly to us, for example, by submitting it to us via our websites, via any electronic or paper forms you submit to us, or by you providing information to our representatives by telephone, email, or any social media networks through which you liaise with us;
- when you communicate with us and/or any of our related bodies corporate, agents, suppliers, contractors and/or merchants and/or any of the users of the Services through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with such persons from other applications, services or websites;
- when you interact with the sites, services, content and advertising of us and/or any of our related bodies corporate, agents, suppliers, contractors and/or merchants;
- from third party service providers, business partners, including, without limitation, commercial associates or credit reporting agencies;
- from publicly available sources;
- from our records of your use of the service; and
- from electronic tagging mechanisms such as cookies.
Why we collect, use and disclose personal information
We may collect, hold, process, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use, and to enhance and improve your use of our website;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise the website, applications, business and user experience of us, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you personalised recommendations and submission of customer feedback;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties;
- to personalise your use of the Services (including visits to our website) and developing the design and style of the Services (including our website and app) to improve the Services and provided to you;
- to inform you about the latest changes to our website, products, services or promotional offers that you might find interesting;
- for communicating (and personalising such communication) with you;
- in order to enable you to share our content with others, for example, by using an ‘Email a friend’ or ‘Share this’ functionality feature; and/or
- carrying out technical and statistical analysis to measure the performance of our products and services and the website.
Personal information and other data collected by us may be shared with related bodies corporate within our group. Depending on the circumstances, we may disclose your personal information to other service providers including organisations that provide archival, marketing, advertising, mail-house services, authentication, document management, data processing and technology services.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information without your consent if the disclosure is:
- to comply with applicable laws and government or regulatory bodies’ lawful requests for information;
- required in order to investigate an unlawful activity;
- required by an enforcement body for investigate activities; or
- necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to a person’s life, health or safety, or to public health or safety.
We may also use and disclose your personal information to send direct marketing to you from us and/or from third parties including, without limitation, social networking sites, our related bodies corporate and business partners, consultants, professional advisers, who work with us to help provide, promote or improve the services or benefits we provide.
The direct marketing may relate to the services and benefits we provide or the services or benefits of other parties or to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you, and may continue after you stop acquiring any services from us until you opt-out.
You may opt-out of receiving this direct marketing through the unsubscribe function that will be made available to you with each direct marketing communication.
To improve your experience on our websites, we may use “cookies”. Cookies are an industry standard and most major web sites use them. A cookie is a small text file that our site may place on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device as a tool to remember your preferences. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions.
You can disable cookies through your internet browser, but our website may not work as intended for you if you do so. If you choose not to receive our cookies, we cannot guarantee that your experience with the website will be as quick or responsive as if you do receive cookies.
The information collected by cookies and web beacons is not personally identifiable, it includes general information about your computer settings, your connection to the internet, for example, the operating system and platform, IP address, your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on the website and geographical location.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to websites, apps or other services operated by third parties. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of, or any content on, those linked websites, apps or other services and have no control over or rights in those linked websites, apps or other services. When you go to other websites, apps or other services from here, we encourage you to read their privacy policies that collects personal information.
Posting comments on our sites
When you post information on a discussion board or comment publicly on an article on one of our sites, the information you post and your username are publicly accessible. This information can be viewed online and collected by other people. We are not responsible for the way these other people use this information. When contributing to a discussion, we strongly recommend you avoid sharing any personal details, and especially information that can be used to identify you directly such as your name, age, address and name of employer. We are not responsible for the privacy of any identifiable information that you post in our online community or other public pages of the site. We are also not responsible for comments made by other people on our website.
Security of personal information
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take the security of your personal information very seriously and will use reasonable commercial endeavours to take reasonable and appropriate steps to have appropriate physical, technical and administrative procedures in place to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure as required by law in Australia. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
In the unlikely event that there is an unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, we will notify you of the Data Breach and will undertake an investigation into how the Data Breach occurred and its likely severity. As part of this, we will endeavour to work with you and the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner to limit the impact, and any reoccurrence, of the breach.
Access to your person information
You may access the personal information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you require access to your personal information, please contact us as set out below. In order to protect your personal information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information. More information about Privacy Law and the National Privacy Principles is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner at https://www.oaic.gov.au/.
If you have any questions, concerns or feedback about privacy, please contact our Privacy Officer as set out below:
Address: 505/353 Napier St, Fitzroy VIC 3065